Python and Sockets,

Maciej Sobczak maciej at maciejsobczak.com
Thu Aug 1 11:30:39 EDT 2002

Hi,

"John J Breen" <jbreen at nospam.com> wrote in message
news:3D486809.6F2DC882 at nospam.com...
>     Hey all,
>             I am writing a program in Pygtk that also has a Python/TK
> component. I need these two components to be able to communicate with
> one another through a third component written in python.

You may wish to consider this:

http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/

and this in particular:

http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/impl/index.html#python

YAMI communication agent usues its own threads for communication and from
the user's point of view, YAMI is an asynchronous messaging infrastructure.

I think this may help you solve your problem in the way that you will not
need to manage threads (nor sockets, for that mater - YAMI is higher level)
by yourself.

Please contact me in case of any doubt.

Cheers,

--