Dijkstra on Python

Jonathan Hogg jonathan at onegoodidea.com
Tue Aug 13 12:36:32 EDT 2002

On 13/8/2002 14:45, in article
mailman.1029246560.27786.python-list at python.org, "James J. Besemer"
<jb at cascade-sys.com> wrote:

> E.g., process all the lines in a file.  With the recent addition of
> iterators, "for line in file:" is the pretty obvious choice,

Heh heh heh. It seems you've proved my point.

Like I said, the argument is not that there is only one way to do it, but
that there should be an obvious way to do it.

Further to this, there should "preferably" be only one obvious way to do it.
However, this does not preclude there being *more* than one obvious way to
do it.

But there should certainly never be *no* obvious way to do something.

With Zen, the more you read it, the less it means what you thought it meant.
Of course, in the end it may no longer mean anything at all ;-)

Jonathan