Need help configuring pyrex for primes.pyx example

David Lees debl2nonospamykwamm at bellatlantic.net
Thu Aug 1 23:20:53 EDT 2002

I just downloaded Pyrex 0.4 and am running on a linux box at work.  I do
not have admin privlige which could be my problem.  I unpacked Pyrex and
and since I have path and permission problems with the default scripts
am trying to follow  'Michael"s quick guide' using gcc.  I seem to be
able to follow the steps, but I seg fault when running the example:

[debl at whiplash Demos] python ../pyrexc primes.pyx
[debl at whiplash Demos] gcc -c -fPIC
-I/usr/local/ActivePython-2.2/include/python2.2 primes.c
[debl at whiplash Demos] gcc -shared primes.o -o primes.so
[debl at whiplash Demos] primes.so
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[debl at whiplash Demos]

I assume my problem is in the linking, because I am clueless as to what
the '-lxosd' on the command line of his link is.

Thanks in advance.

David Lees