template

Carl Banks imbosol at vt.edu
Sun Aug 11 15:58:19 EDT 2002

Remi Delon wrote:
> I don't want to discourage you, but there are already plenty of those: Zope,
> WebWare, CherryPy, SkunkWeb, PSP, ...
>
> Each of them already has their own templating language with their own syntax

A couple years ago, I took a look at a bunch of such templating
programs, only to find that not a single one did exactly what I
wanted.  And I've noted that this seems to be common: we seem to be
very picky about our HTML generating tools.  This is evidently why we
have so many of them.

This also seems to be a common educational project; it was in my case.

> Of course, my preference goes to the CherryPy syntax ... maybe because I
> wrote it :-)))

Why, what was wrong with Zope, WebWare, SkunkWeb, PSP?  :-)

--
CARL BANKS
http://www.aerojockey.com