Need a metavalue singleton kinda thingy as a reserved key...

Noah noah at noah.org
Mon Aug 12 03:20:26 EDT 2002

Carl Banks <imbosol at vt.edu> wrote in message news:<aj6h2a$jn7$3 at solaris.cc.vt.edu>...
> Noah wrote:
> > Since I could not cleanly do what I wanted I thought
> > that maybe I was looking at this the wrong way.
>

> Use two dicts, one for special symbols, one for regular symbols.

This is what I ended up doing. At first I was motivated to have
a single method to define transitions (I thought this made the interface
easier to understand). Then I decided to change the internal representation
to have two dictionaries. This made the internal logic easier.
Then I decided to split the interface and have two methods --
one for defining regular transitions and one for special transitions
and I think this made the interface more clear too; although, at the
expense of a slightly more complex interface.

Yours,
Noah