tkinter or wxpython?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Wed Aug 14 11:00:17 EDT 2002

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 August 2002 16:12, Armin Steinhoff wrote:
>> I have very good experiences with PyQt ...

> Have you enought excperience of PyQT on _windoze_? On Linux -- no problem,
> but on Windows I can't install it at all...
>
> There is some license issues,

There are also license "issues" with the GPL version of Qt, other "issues",
though :->

> so they forward me to www.trolltech.com to download free version of QT. I
> found there ONLY for Visual C++ and Borderland Builder.

Download that and install it on Windows. PyQt (obviously) only needs the
runtime libraries of PyQt. You can delete the rest (header files, docs, GUI
builder, ...) if these are of no interest to you.

> But I have NO ONE of that, because I never use Windows.

Sounds like testing your app on Lunatix only is a bad idea, if you also
target Windows users.

Gerhard
--
Gerhard Häring