I'd like to learn Python

Gregor Lingl glingl at aon.at
Mon Aug 12 14:46:37 EDT 2002

Kow Kuroda schrieb:

> I was exaclty like you a few months ago, and I guess I didn't get so
> far, but I think I can tell something from my experience.
>
> I started learning programming just a few months ago, virtually from
> scratch. I didn't know any programming language. I've read and am still
> reading a few books on Python as follows:
>
> 1) Learning Program with Python
> 2) Think like a Computer Scientist (online)
> 3) Learning Python
> 4) Python 2.1 Bible
> 5) Python: Visual Quick Guide

I mostly agree with your arguments. Nonetheless

consider also hot from the press in these days:
6) Magnus Hetlands Practical Python,
with a sample chapter (pdf) - seems to be promising!
(Magnus is famous for his Instant Python, Instant Hacking etc.:
http://www.hetland.org/python/instant-python.php

Gregor Lingl