Question about Python threads

Mr. Neutron nicktsocanos at charter.net
Thu Aug 22 00:22:21 EDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:05:32 -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> You might consider using Jython http://www.jython.org - which compiles

I have been toying with Jython which I find cool. But from my
understanding in how Jython works, it is even slower than CPython,
because it has to interpret into the Java machine. So really it is not an
alternative to making high performance code either. But if I do want to
write Python code that will take advantage of more CPUs than I will use
that instead.

Not that the goal of Python was to create high performance system code in
the first place. But, if it could be extended to do this, than languages
like C would not be needed anymore. Imagine if the Linux kernel was
written in Python! (haha).

I am off to look for GIL.

Thanks