import types fails

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Aug 27 03:46:12 EDT 2002

> That's really cool :)  Unfortunately, the call into QThread's run method
> (which is where everything is dying) is a C module call and the python that
> gets executed by that library call does not get traced.

I've never used Qt (though it's high on my list of things to look at
when I win the lottery and give up my day job 8-) but it's a general
Python rule that settrace() only works on the current thread.  So you'll
need to somehow call blackbox.recordTo() from the thread you need to
examine - ideally at the beginning of that thread's Python code.  Or
call it in the module that's doing the "import types", before the
import.

--
Richie