problem Pyrex install?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 27 23:17:30 EDT 2002

Markus von Ehr wrote:

> sorry for the simple question,
> I unzipped pyrex (win32) and try to run:
> python setup.py
> to build the code. I get the error:
> ImportError: No module named Pyrex.Disutils
>
> What did I miss?

For one thing, you missed the actual traceback.  Just so
we don't misinterpret, can you cut and paste the real
message that you got?

As for a solution, is it possible you didn't unzip with
full folder names, but instead unzipped all files into a
single directory?

And are you running "setup.py" from the right place?
Presumably there should be a Pyrex subdirectory in the
directory in which you find the setup.py file.

-Peter