Python for CGI scripting

Nathan Clegg nathan-nntp at geerbox.com
Mon Aug 5 10:42:14 EDT 2002

Specifically for the CGI case, check out FastCGI (www.fastcgi.com).
There are python modules to keep your process persistent (avoiding the
startup cost) and a variant to multithread the handler (sharing the
memory between the handlers).  I believe there are modules for IIS in
addition to apache.  If you are using apache, you might also want to
check out mod_snake for an interpreter-inside-the-server solution.

--
Nathan Clegg
GeerBox
nathan-nntp at geerbox.com