Could Python supplant Java?

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Thu Aug 22 12:35:50 EDT 2002

d2002xx wrote:

> > WordPad, copy from console to a file,  edit, sysedit, ...
>
> Support syntax-highlightening? indentation? folding? class-browser?
> cross-reference indexer? interface to debugger? auto-completing?
> refactoring browser?

You said it didn't come with an editor. When people point out what editors
it comes with, you say "not good enough! That would make you right!"

> > Batch cmd files, WSH - CScript, WScript (VB, Java, CShell), Java ...
>
> Java? I remember that M$ just removed their own disabled JVM from
> windows.

Yes, Java. What about the others? "Oh, that's not what I meant. Besides, I
can't get the source code for the OS for free"

Please, really, take it somewhere else.

--
Darren New
   ** http://images.fbrtech.com/dnew/ **