Could Python supplant Java?

JamesCarroll jamesdcarroll at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 01:03:24 EDT 2002

"netvegetable" <deathtospam43423 at altavista.com> wrote

> Gosh I never realized you were so sensitive.
>
> Forgive me darling.

I'm not really.  But after spending some time in this industry I've come to
realize that that there's more than one way to skin a cat.  So in my
"toolbox" I have a mix of MS and Java technologies (and a few others) at my
disposal. I've taken a look at Python. I didn't find it very compelling. As
far as I could tell it didn't offer anything new in terms of approaching
problems, had no "area of expertise" that made it compelling for a
particular use, and lacked solid libraries that I could use to solve the
problems that my clients have.

Maybe you're too sensitive?

---