How to detect EOF from a stream ?

Sebastien Bigaret Sebastien.Bigaret at inqual.com
Tue Aug 27 14:58:21 EDT 2002

And beware: if '<cmd>' is an other python program, you *must* close
file-descr. #1: 'os.close(1)' : closing sys.stdout is not sufficient and
you'll never get the EOF in that case (sys.stdout.close() does not close the
underlying file descriptor, opened at the beginning of the process)

(same for stderr/file desc. #2)