PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Brett Cannon bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Apr 1 19:37:19 EST 2002

On 1 Apr 2002, Aahz wrote:

> In article <idVp8.48143$S52.1619383 at news2.tin.it>,
> Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:

> I've been reading this thread before deciding how to vote.  Before Alex's
> post, I was somewhere between +0 and +1; now I'm -0.  I have also seen
> some suggestions for postponing this change to 2.4; that gets +0 from me.

I personally had already posted a +0 vote, but after readings Alex's
wonderful post, I change mine to -1.  Perhaps booleans would work better
as a module in the standard library if people feel the need to have them.
Either that or we can start pushing operator.truth() more (which I didn't
even realize existed until this thread started).

And as for postponing it, I think that is a VERY good idea.  It would be
nice to have a release where I don't need to think about using any
__future__ imports.

-Brett C.