GUI programming

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Apr 1 14:48:07 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1017687607.4322.python-list at python.org>, Gustavo Cordova wrote:

>> [..references to building wxGTK problems..]
>> All in all, this can be very frustrating to new users.
>
> Extremely.
>
> I gave up after the n-th iteration.

It took me 5 or 6 tries, but I did get it to build and install.
One of the things I found odd was that by default it would try
to build stuff (GL, etc.) for which my system had no support.

Those of use who are used to building stuff from source have
gotten used to some sort of auto-configure operation that
avoids having to go in and manually disable the extras for
which we don't have the appropriate libraries.

I also had problems due to the version of the GCC I had
installed, disagreement between versions of wxGTK and wxPython,
and probably something else I'm forgetting.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  TAILFINS!!...click...
                                  at