"Don't Kill Opera" documentation release

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Apr 4 22:43:00 EST 2002

    Paul> Could you explain easily what you had to change to the Docs in
    Paul> order to satisfy Opera 6.01?  As an Opera user, I am curious what
    Paul> was the bug in Opera that you were working around (or at least I
    Paul> assume that's the situation).

There was a bug in the Content-Type meta tag.  I don't remember exactly what
the construct was, but I believe it looked something like

instead of

It had no effect on (at least) the Linux version of Opera, but gave
Opera/Win users fits.  Not sure about Mac.

    Paul> Oh - Opera support informed me in an email today that the
    Paul> next Beta should be out any day.

For what platform?

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)