Newbie's 1st Web App decisions!

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Fri Apr 5 17:02:12 EST 2002

Scrumpy <reply at in_newsgroup.tks> wrote in
news:a8kuol$19l$1 at hfc.pacific.net.hk:
> I only pointed out a personal preference i.e. I don't like to mix app
> logic and html layout in the same page, as can be seen in many pages
> with PHP.

when the pages are static you could consider http://ht2html.sf.net
there you can write the body of the page in a .ht file and the ht2html tool
wraps it up with nav and banner etc to a html.

the design is embodied in some python classes which you can adopt for youu
own design.

it's very nice, i use it for some pages.
(and i have extened it to include py code in the html pages :-)

> Although it is nice to be told about this or that web app related
> project, I'm not in a position to know if it's better or worse than
> the alternatives. I'd really appreciate hearing (relatively) unbiased
> comparisons between projects and perhaps being given a slight push
> towards one.

beeing unbiased is a bit difficult ;-) most of us had good or bad
expeiences with a tool so you'll always get a hint in a certain direction.

i think you can gather some tips which tools are simple or complicated and
then there is nothing better than trying them out yourself.

chris
--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>