Off topic C question

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Apr 9 17:56:55 EDT 2002

In article <orGs8.5669$d7.1571810 at newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>,
dsavitsk <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote:
>"phil hunt" <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:slrnab617e.97a.philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk...
>>
>> IMO, anyone for whom K&R isn't to their taste, probably won't make a
>> very good programmer anyway.
>
>Yow! IMO, anyone who thinks that only one sort of person (a sort who
>likes a particular book no less) makes a good programmer needs to relax
>a bit in their judgmentalness.

Well, Phil *should* have said "good C programmer", and with that
correction I completely agree with him.  There are some books that
manage to distill a quintessence, and K&R is one of that rare number.

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker