parameter limit in zope xml-rpc

Tim McKernan tmckernan at dyrectmedia.com
Thu Apr 4 11:01:47 EST 2002

I'm running Zope 2.4.1 and python 2.1, on an NT box.  I'm using Zope
and python as an xml-rpc server to pass functions on to a group of C
functions.  Based on the error message below it seems that there is
either 1) a limit to how many parameters can be sent over the wire
using xml-rpc, or 2) a limit to how many parameters zope will accept.
Can anyone explain why I am seeing this?

1) I create a method called OfferAppts with 9 parameters.  I test it
with a Java xml-rpc client that sends in 9 parameters and it returns
an appropriate response from the server.

2) I create a method called OfferAppts with 10 parameters.  I test it
and with a Java xml-rpc client that sends in 10 parameters and this is
what the server returns:

  <h2>Zope Error</h2>

Thanks,
Tim