[OT] Re: What has PEP 285 done to us?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Apr 11 23:32:57 EDT 2002

In article <3CB5546D.8010802 at geneva-link.ch>, Boris Borcic wrote:
>Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
>

>>>   >>> filter(lambda W : W not in "ILLITERATE","BULLSHIT")
>>>   'BUSH'
>>>
>>>What's your problem ?
>>
>> Nothing. Sorry -- thouhgt there was a syntax problem there. A bit
>> quick on the trigger ;)
>
>Revealing :)

Rub it in, why don't you ;)

(And I hope you're not talking politics here? I don't think I've
revealed any political attitudes in this... And no, the choice of the
word "trigger" does _not_ mean that I'm pro-handguns...)

Actually, in a brief moment I saw the '"ILLITERATE","BULLSHIT"' part
as a tuple -- some precedence confusion with the lambda, I guess ;)

>> (So, what you're basically saying is that Bush is the literate part of
>> bullshit? <wink>)
>

>More concretely, providing support to the idea that the "USA" in
>"CRUSADE" explains the general pattern of some, er, crude presidential
>choice of words.

Heh :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org