[Newbie] embed c++ in Python

Matthias Stern mstern at aon.at
Tue Apr 2 01:47:50 EST 2002

> > I want to know how to write a function which receives some variables as
> > argument changes them and sends the results back to Python.

Thank you for the links I got (http://www.scipy.org/site_content/weave
 and http://www.acl.lanl.gov/siloon/ ). I've visited the sites and
discovered a new problem: Both solutions require some additional
stuff to be installed. Maybe it's much simpler to use them but it
is quite hard to add some additional stuff like this to our project. It's
a cross-platform project with many operating systems and we want as
little additional programs as possible.

So I have to ask again: is it possible to do this without any additional
installations ("pure" Python 2.2) ? (L ike the "spam" example on the Python
Homepage) Has anyone a simple example code or link for this?

Thx, Mac