Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Fri Apr 5 19:27:43 EST 2002

Quoting Aahz (aahz at pythoncraft.com):
> In article <mailman.1018036693.6922.python-list at python.org>,
> Geoff Gerrietts  <geoff at gerrietts.net> wrote:
> >
> >The second is that I personally find little to admire in C++, but one
> >of the things I do admire is that Bjarne decided to take a couple
> >years off to let the compiler writers and application programmers
> >catch up. The result was a language that everyone more or less thought
> >they knew, a solid foundation for people to build on and move forward.
>
> That was Python 1.5.2.

You're right of course. I'm in the singularly bad position of having
entered the python world in about September of 2000; my experience has
been pretty much 17 months of "trust no ground to be fixed". I pretty
much neatly missed the 15 or 16 months of relative quiet between.

That's bound to contribute to the colour of the lenses I view the
world with; bound to elevate change control on my list of priorities.

Thanks,
--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts                <geoff at gerrietts net>
"I have read your book and much like it." --Moses Hadas