Python and spacecraft onboard or ground control scripting

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Apr 15 13:57:35 EDT 2002

In article <3cb8a237 at news.mhogaming.com>,
Ken Peek <Ken.Peek at SpiritSongDesigns.comNOSPAM> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>TCL and JAVAScript are very large (when compared to Python),
>and would be too difficult to build an embedded version
>for-- at least Python can be cut down to fit without too
>much work.  (Of course, that depends on what services your
			.
			.
			.
?  Tcl's smaller'n Python, by most interpretations
I know.  Also, Tcl has a slightly better tradition
of supporting stripped down versions to fit in,
say, 100K, or 200K.

If someone truly wants to pursue this, I can pre-
sent more of the evidence.

If the differences in size between Python and Tcl,
whatever they are, are big enough to matter to you,
then you probably should be looking at Lua, REBOL,
or Forth, anyway.

I've completely lost track of what it takes to
implement JavaScript.  The interpreters used to be
huge--certainly larger than Python's.  I don't know
whether that remains true.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net