Tuple comprehension

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Apr 11 22:27:41 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1018541080.13442.python-list at python.org>, Sean
'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

>> Ah...I think I understand your perspective a little better now. I never
>> think of a tuple as a list that's immutable, so I don't encounter very
>> often the same population problem. To me, lists become immutable when I
>> give them names in all caps, just like my variables become constants when
>> I name them that way.
>>

>I do similar things, but using the language to help prevent mistakes is handy
>when I give people modules to use in their own code.

I think the only _real_ reason to have tuples at all is that they are
immutable (and therefore usable as dictionary keys). And a slight
efficiency advantage over lists, maybe...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org