configuring mxCGIPython

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Apr 25 18:01:18 EDT 2002

Mark McEahern wrote:

> [M.-A. Lemburg]
> > No. Could be that libxmlparse is referenced by pyexpat which is part
> > of cgipython. On most systems the expat libs should be part
> > of the system, so setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to e.g. /usr/lib
> > should help. If not, you can try getting that file from some
> > other source and install it in the same dir as cgipython.
>
> That seems to be the case.  I found and uploaded:
>
>   libxmlparse.so.1
>   libxmltok.so.1
>
> Now, when I run the shell script that wraps cgipython, I get:
>
>   'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "../../CGIPython/cgipython.py", line 27, in ?
>   IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>
> Why would it be trying to do an import site?  Hmm.

Because Python always does on startup if not run with the
-S switch (this is not available in cgipython though).
Could you send the output of running cgipython
with the environment variable PYTHONVERBOSE defined to 1 ?

A simple work-around would be adding the site.py from the
standard Python lib -- this should really be included in
cgipython, though, and I think it is, so there must
be something in site.py which fails.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH