Python, PyQt make install problems on IRIX

Garry Taylor gtaylor at lowebroadway.com
Wed Apr 24 04:41:11 EDT 2002

Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote in message news:<3cc59530$0$41709$e4fe514c at dreader4.news.xs4all.nl>...
> offer at sgi.com wrote:
>
> > $ from gtaylor at lowebroadway.com -#196241 | sed "1,$s/^/> /"
> >>

> >>Irix certainly is'nt all that common, in a way I think that kind of
> >>helps people make installers, because there are not many hardware
> >>configurations to support or variations of the OS, like Linux, there
> >>are loads of variations on the same thing.
> >
> > Hey, Irix is pretty common here :-)
>
> I would think so :-).
>

> > Anyway its my intention to ship PyQt in the next release of Irix Freeware
> > (Aug), so I'll keep an eye out for this problem (I have no idea what's
> > causing it).
> >

> That's very cool!

Hey, a man from the Hallowed City, I think shipping PyQt on the
Freeware CD is great, Python & QT seems to be very popular now. But
anyway, I tried running make install a bit at a time, and found out
that this one line is making the difference:

/bin/sh ..libtool --mode=install /usr/freeware/bin/install -c
libqtcmodule.la /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.la

I can run that line after a restart and PyQT programs will work, does
anyone know what it does that is not still effected after a restart?

Thanks

Garry