Java to Python translation

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Thu Apr 4 09:43:47 EST 2002

What the heck kind of application has 100 MB of Java code anyway?

Boy, that is a good question.  Let's look at the size of some applications I have on my Windows 2000 machine:
JBoss-2.4.4_Tomcat-4.0.1  -  36.1 MB -- Jboss EJB server and Tomcat servlet container
Jonas244                  -  23.0 MB -- Jonas EJB server
mysql                     -  26.3 MB -- Mysql Database server
Resin-2.1.0               -  17.4 MB -- Resin servlet container
Total space               - 102.8 MB
Now the sum of these products equals about 100 MB of Java + C code