[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Wed Apr 3 17:11:15 EST 2002

"Mark McEahern" <marklists at mceahern.com> writes:
> [Kevin Jacobs]
> > The moral of the story is that I will be extremely happy once there is a
> > globally blessed way of spelling true and false other than 1 and 0.  Of
> > course, I and my team aren't exactly typical Python developers.  Though
> > wouldn't it be nice if we were?
>
> I'd like to consciously go out of my way and violate all rules of netiquette
> and say simply this:
>
> Me too.

There are already some predefined constants in Python (or at least some
modules), like math.pi=3.14159... and so forth.

If the constants True=1 and False=0 were added to Python (just plain
integer values, not a bool type with any special semantics), that
would take care of what you're asking for, no?