python and very large data sets???

Alexander Skwar ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com
Fri Apr 26 08:34:50 EDT 2002

»holger krekel« sagte am 2002-04-26 um 02:34:28 +0200 :
> it is quite easy to set up a database e.g. for a website but
> is the same true if you have 100 GB of data being processed?
> Easy as pie? Maybe i am underestimating mysql...

Yes, I'd think so.  He will have 100 GB, that's true.  And on some
systems he will not be able to store more than (2 GB - 1 byte) in one
table.  But even that's only a problem when doing the inserts; thanks to
merge tables, it's easy to have one table which can select data from
multiple tables without joins.

But other than that, I don't think there'll be a problem.  He
doesn't need ultra high performance, as he'll most likely only have 1
thread accessing the database at any given time.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |    Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 2 days 7 hours 31 minutes