need help to choose an appropriate database

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 16 09:47:05 EDT 2002

Alexandre,

You forgot to tell on what OS you are currently working.
Start learning how to play with databases in python here...

http://www.python.org/sigs/db-sig/

Personnally, I suggest you to play with MySQL :

* free and open source
* scalable (support for huge databases)
* many 3rd party tools available
* available for Unix/Windows
* python adaptor API identical for Unix and Windows
* free ODBC driver available

Database server and client (for all languages) http://www.mysql.org
Python adapter http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307

But perhaps you'll make yourself another opinion and choose another solution
better suited to your config and problems.

HTH

--Gilles

news: fac97694.0204160518.6f6d79b7 at posting.google.com...