Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

James J. Besemer jb at cascade-sys.com
Tue Apr 30 15:10:47 EDT 2002

Steve Holden wrote:

> While I don't wish to disagree with you here, one point I forgot to mention
> in my last posting: very few people have the thick skin, intelligence, wit,
> humor and modesty :-) that I do.

You also forgot grace, tact and your remarkably large penis.

> You might therefore wish to ... dare I say ... lighten up yourself when
> dealing with these wimpy foreign types.

Rather, seems I should need to TIGHTEN up when dealing with those weenies.  ;o)

Nevertheless, point taken.  Though I have to suppress a gag reflex to say it, I
shall strive to be more "Politically Correct" in my future posts to this forum.

That being said, however, I'll beg everyone's indulgence in advance in the
event I occasionally lapse back into old habits.  I frankly can't recall the
last time I intentionally insulted anyone.  If I ever have occasion to do so it
will be shockingly unambiguous.  The ground will shake and birds may fall
stunned from the sky.  When in doubt you'll virtually always be correct in
assuming my comment was a failed attempt at humor or a clumsy American's gaff
rather than an intentional insult.  Nevertheless, my professional background
includes working with a number of people who were perfect assholes but also
were supremely competent and talented, technically.  Before starting my
company, my last boss was an ex Navy officer.  Frank talk was not only the norm
you lost points for being overly deferential.  I personally continue to think
speaking frankly and directly is an effective means to communicate, so I may
lapse from time to time.  Also, my language probably suffers from watching too
much premium cable TV, Dennis Miller Live being a particular favorite.  I
humbly beg all y'all's indulgence.

Oops, gotta go.  The voices are saying it's time again to clean all the guns.

Regards

--jb

--
James J. Besemer  503-280-0838 voice