wxpython: problem with events and checklistbox

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Apr 2 17:17:12 EST 2002

In article <3caa2be5.48482250 at news.easynews.net>, stojek at part-
gmbh.de says...
> HI,
>
> in my GUI I have a wxCheckListBox (named CheckList) and an fuction
> IfChecked(self,event) that process the checkevents (EVT_CHECLISTBOX).
>
> Now, when unpickling all data at the start of my program,
> I want to check some items with CheckList.check(index,true)
> My problem is, that after each checking the function IfChecked is
> called.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly (you don't want to
call the usual handler while you're unpickling), then the quick
solution would be to delay calling EVT_CHECKLISTBOX() until after
you've unpickled things.  At that point, no handler will be
registered; once the item is unpickled, register the handler in
the usual way (by calling the EVT_* function).

Of course, determining when it's safe for you to register the
handler, and making it work both for new instances and unpickled
instances, is up to you...  ;)

--

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer