[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Apr 4 03:53:51 EST 2002

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Right, but my point is that if you want to make booleans first class
> > objects in Python, you should consider making them behave as defined
> > in the text books rather than trying to make them feel like integers
> > but look like truth values.
>
> I reject this reasoning.  Python is not trying to follow the text
> books.  (In fact, maybe I should say "Python is trying not to follow
> the text books.")

Uhm, I can't follow you here -- which text books you are talking about
here (Python has always tried to conform to standards in most areas).
FWIW, I was talking about the text books students use to learn boolean
algebra.

BTW, I wonder why you didn't follow up on my other comments...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH