ASP / IIS problems

Nikolai Kirsebom nikolai.kirsebom at siemens.no
Tue Apr 2 06:10:25 EST 2002

I have 2 NT 4.0 (SP6) servers running IIS 4.0 where I make use of
Python in ASP pages.  One of the machines works ok, "Python asp pages"
are displayed correctly (in web-browser).  However on the other
machine I have problems in that I have to "change" the content of the
asp-file in order for the content to be presented correctly.  This is
maybe an IIS issue, however the system failed to work after I
installed version 2.1 (of Python).  Now it is running Python 2.2 with
win32all-142.  If I have and asp-file containing VBScript code, there
is no problem - a refresh of the page in the web-browser
displays the correct result (as an example a hit counter).

As an example, the start of my asp-file (Python) looks as follows:

<%@ LANGUAGE = Python %>
<%
import Test
reload(Test)
o = Test.Test()
o.ProcessRequest(Request)
%>

    <%= o.Attr('Name') %>
    <%= o.Attr('Email') %>

So, the first time after having changed the file, the content shown in
the web-browser is correct (values from 'Name' and 'Email' are
correct). If I then press ALT+Refresh (in the web-browser), the page
displayed is all empty (white) - no error messages.  If I save the
file again (update date in file system), and press ALT+Refresh,
content is again ok.

Does anyone have any idea where to look.
I've compared the settings for the IIS server (running Python 2.0)
which works with the one which does not work, and all are identical.

Thanks for any help.

Nikolai

PS: My son has the same problem on an XP professional - all
newly installed.