IDE Wars, the prequel!

kosh at aesaeion.com kosh at aesaeion.com
Wed Apr 3 16:01:26 EST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Robert Oschler wrote:

> In a galaxy far, far away..
>
> I've been getting some IDE suggestions on the COLA forum.  The current batch
> seems to be:
>
> Gvim
> Emacsen
> ActiveState's ActivePython
>
> I'm going to look at them all this weekend, but I'd like to hear from those
> of you who have experiences they would like to share.
>
> thx

I like using kdevelop under KDE. I find it does a nice job of managing
projects and it allows simple committing of changes to CVS. Overall I have
not had problems with kdevelop and since it uses the kde io slaves you
can edit items over ftp/http/webdav/etc.

Designing and building web applications http://webme-eng.com