wich odbc is stable ?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Apr 15 13:15:14 EDT 2002

"William Dodé" <wilk at flibuste.net> wrote ...
> hi,
>
> I need to connect to an MSAccess database for simple query (no lock, no
> transaction), so i would like to know if the standard odbc provided by
> win32extension is enough stable even if it's written to be no supported...
> Or must i use callDll or ado ?
>
> thanks to read my so bad english writing

As Dale Strickland-Clark has already suggested, mxODBC might be a more
comprehensive alternative.

The main mistake made with the odbc module is omitting the import of the
associated dbi module.
If you always use

    import dbi, odbc

the chance of errors will be reduced.

Please don't bother about your English - at least I can read that, which I
can't do when someone posts in (say) German. Those questions I must leave to
the more competent linguists :-)

regards
 Steve