Macintosh Development

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Mon Apr 15 11:01:21 EDT 2002

In article
<20020415144153325+0100 at pc-62-30-160-65-hw.blueyonder.co.uk>,
 Alwyn <alwyn at alwyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> >MacPython does also have a facility for creating a standalone
> >application, but these are much bigger (several megabytes?) and I
> >haven't been able to get this to work.
>
> But if the target platform is Mac OS X, you can run Python scripts from
> the command line, as you would on any other Unix-type system.

If you've installed a *different* version of Python (Unix Python, not
MacPython), you can do this.  It doesn't come installed by default, and
I have no idea whether it can do GUI stuff (unless you also install
X-windows, or something).

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/