Creating a DB app with mySql and Windows GUI

Andy Todd andy47 at halfcooked.com
Mon Apr 8 21:01:46 EDT 2002

"Alexander v. Zitzewitz" <a.zitzewitz at generic-home.de> wrote in news:a8rhml
$1id$03$1 at news.t-online.com:

> Hello Python Freaks !
>
> What components should I use for building a GUI Database App with a MySQL
> Server and a GUI on Windows platforms with Python. The following
components
> are needed:
>
> - a feasable IDE with Debugger interface
> - a GUI Builder
> - a MySQL inding
>
> Please let me know, if anyone already did a similar project and what
> experiences he/she made with using Python
>
> Best regards
>
> Alexander v. Zitzewitz

<obligatory plug>
Take a look at PythonCard (http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net). It doesn't
have absolutely everything you require, but its pretty good for alpha
software. In particular, have a look at the dbBrowser sample application
which shows how to interact with MySQL.
</obligatory plug>

Regards,
Andy