Any CD-ROM writer support in python?

Pierre Rouleau pieroul at attglobal.net
Tue Apr 30 22:59:03 EDT 2002

I am looking for python based CD-ROM writer support.
Does anyone know where I could find some python code or libraries to do
that?

I want to write a script to control a CD-ROM writer to store data
(really to create a software installation CD-ROM).
I have a complete software build system controlled by Python script and
the last (and missing) step is to integrate
the CD-ROM burning.  Our software build runs at night and I'd like to
complete the process by automating the
creation of a re-writable CD-ROM in the script.

I could use a command-line based CD-ROM writer application and control
it from the Python script, or have the whole thing done in Python (with
possibly some library support).  I have found one command-line
application so far, but it's not open source.  I don't have any pure
python-based solution.

I am open to any suggestion!

Thanks!

--