AS/400

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Apr 25 20:01:24 EDT 2002

"Terje Johan Abrahamsen" <terjej at mailandnews.com> wrote in message
news:1e140f34.0204250934.2fee1f26 at posting.google.com...
> I am trying to write some Python code that moves info from Excel into
> AS/400 throuhgt a display program called Rumba. (www.walldata.com)
> Basically what I want it to do (short version) is that I go to a cell
> in Excel, copy that cell, changes to the Rumba window, goes to
> coordinate x,x pastes the number there. Then goes back to Excel, gets
> a new number, goes to Rumba, changes screens by typing F12, enters
> info from Excel again in coordinate x,x. It is more to it than this,
> but if I can figure out this, I can figure out the rest.
>
> The Excel part I have no trouble with. The AS/400 part is a little
> worse. Do you know some additions I have to install with Python? Where
> can I find some info about the functions that moves around on the
> AS/400 display and so forth. I have searched in google and on
> python.org but haven't found much. I can't be the only one that needs
> to do something like this? Thanks in advance for all answers and all
> pointing in the right direction so I can find out more info...

It likely will be fragile, but if you must, make sure the users know the
rules...

Take a look at mSched at http://www.mjtnet.com/  I've used it now a
couple of times now to automate processes with systems that didn't want
to play nice.  You can create macros on the fly with python and execute
them on demand, again using python to control the process.

HTH,

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com