py script web page problem ??

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Apr 16 03:54:32 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:14:08PM -0700, linux_on_wood wrote:
> <FORM action="friends1.py" method=get>
>
> my python script code is:    friends1.py  as chmod 755 on linux box
>
> #! /usr/bin/env python
>
> This script code looks very correct to me but it
> gets called --friends1.py DOES NOT render the
> html, it just shows the source code as text.

   A script (any script) should not "rebder" HTML - it will just pass the
HTML back to a browser. Do I understand your question right that instead of
HTML you get the source code of the script?

> ANY IDEAS, HELP , WHY  has a problem ???????????

   It seems your web-server was not configured to recognize .py extension
as a CGI extension. Reconfigure your server.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru