XML and Python

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 26 12:13:38 EDT 2002

In article <m3r8l3roiv.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
Martin v. Loewis <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
>> Martin? :
>>>
>>>http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/docs.html links to
>>>http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/xml-howto/xml-howto.html, but the text
>>>should really live on pyxml.sourceforge.net, because the master copy
>>>of the text lives in the PyXML CVS tree.
>>
>> Ah.  And conversely, py-howto should link to pyxml.  Well, I don't have
>> access to either of those, so someone else needs to fix it.  Martin?
>
>I've now removed all traces of the XML howto from the py-howto
>project. It is not clear to my why the py-howto pages should have a
>link, so I have not added one (in any case, I could not locate the
>corresponding index.ht, anyway).

http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/ says

    Python HOWTOs are documents that cover a single, specific topic, and
    attempt to cover it fairly completely. Modelled on the Linux
    Documentation Project's HOWTO collection, this collection is an
    effort to foster documentation that's more detailed than the Python
    Library Reference.

Included on that page are documents about advocacy, editor
configuration, and Curses programming.  I think that a link to PyXML from
there is entirely appropriate; you're free to disagree, of course.

"I used to have a .sig but I found it impossible to please everyone..."  --SFJ