Classes Again !

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Apr 17 10:07:40 EDT 2002

"Graeme Matthew" <graeme.matthew at unite.com.au> wrote ...
> Hi all  I am going mad again, but making progress, been on a problem for 1
> hour already and cannot see the cause ! please could someone help

As long as you don't post again in another hour saying "It's been an hour
since I posted and nobody's helped me yet!" ;o)

> The getSubDocument method in my template class is failing suddenly , i
dont
> have a clue why ! thanks a mil
>
> ERROR:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\www\cgi-bin\main.cgi", line 10, in ?
>     data = t.getSubDocument('C:/www/templates/template_org_query.html')
> AttributeError: Template instance has no attribute 'getSubDocument'

Technically your method isn't failing, it simply isn't being found. This
might lead me to suspect that the web server was caching classes, and using
an old definition. Was there ever a time when you had Template.Template
definitions without that method? Are you sure there aren't two copies of the
module, and you are perhaps importing an older copy?

You don't say what web server you are using, nor how Python is integrated
with it. There might be one reason for Apache+mod_snake to fail, another for
IIS+ActiveScripting.

I can't see anything obviously wrong. Maybe a little more information would
help someone spot the problem?

regards
 Steve
[CGI code omitted]