Easter Eggs

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Wed Apr 10 19:38:28 EDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:17:40 +0100, Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>
wrote:
> When I find this rubbish in M$oft's expensive software I feel outraged.
> Is it better because it's open source? I think not.

    Why not?  From what I've read, in this case, you have to specify a compile
time option to have it be compiled in.  That is the exact opposite of
Microsoft which does the compiling and there is NO way for you to get it out.
IE, opt-in with a default of out vs. in with no way to opt-out.

    World of difference.  If you can't see that I suggest you reexamine your
priorities.

> hidden in python and we have geniuses for developers, what else may be
> embedded therein?

    That's the joy, you can go look.  Why don't you just do that and let us
know, ok?

    To email: Don't despair!   |  -- Lenny Nero, Strange Days