What has PEP 285 done to us?

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Tue Apr 9 14:34:10 EDT 2002

On Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:48:31 +0200, Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote:
>So when Guido wrote that the post was an overlong piece of FUD I more or
>less agreed. But I was rather surprised by his choice of words, and
>found it to be a rather rude brush-of. And I do believe that if I had
>made a lot of work making an argument like Lauras, that I would feel a
>bit bad about it being turned down that way.

I was also surprised by Guido's unfortunate choice of word and feel it rude.
But, just to give him the benefit of doubt, it is likely that he meant
something like

"""This is fear, uncertainty and doubt that is not important since I have
already thought about all these issues thoroughly"""

instead of something like

"""This is fear, uncertainty and doubt that is of the same variety that comes
regularly out of a company in Redmond""".

Whatever his meaning is, this is unfortunate, since most people read the
word FUD with a hint of bad intention.

Let's get over this.

Huaiyu