No output from threads

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Apr 4 16:27:52 EST 2002

In article <a8hq64$114s$1 at news.rchland.ibm.com>,
Larry Whitley <ldw at us.ibm.com> wrote:

>On a windows 2k system I have a single master thread, spawning two worker
>threads and ending. The master thread is started from the command prompt
>(run.py) and the worker threads use "start /belownormal /wait ..." to run a
>sequence of C++ programs that I have writen that take a long time to execute
>(they're simulation performance models).

If you're using start, you're not really using threads.  You'll need to
create a much more robust architecture, whether it's by embedding the
C++ programs in Python extensions (and learning how to release the GIL)
or by turning the C++ programs into COM servers and connecting them to
Python through win32all, or some other mechanism I haven't thought of.

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker