Checking whether an async* dispatcher is "alive"

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Sat Apr 13 10:39:00 EDT 2002

In a server I'm working on, I need to check whether an asynchat
dispatcher is still connected, i.e. whether I can send it data. I've
tried to use try/except (with socket.error) but since async* catches
that itself, It's no good.

Are there any methods/attributes that indicate whether I can send data
on a dispatcher? (Possibly some method/attribute on its socket
object?)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org