Python-2.2.1, Solaris7, make test fails...

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Apr 18 08:18:45 EDT 2002

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> writes:

> I don't know enough about the internals to assert anything about this
> myself, so I tried a build with CC=cc and CXX=CC because we fortunately
> have the Forte6 compiler set available.
>
> Script started on Thu Apr 18 11:53:08 2002
>         [...]
> 160 tests OK.
> 4 tests failed:
>     test_largefile test_socket test_sundry test_urllib2
> 23 tests skipped:
>     test___all__ test_al test_asynchat test_bsddb test_cd test_cl
>     test_curses test_dl test_gdbm test_gl test_imgfile
>     test_linuxaudiodev test_minidom test_nis test_ntpath test_openpty
>     test_pyexpat test_sax test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
>     test_sunaudiodev test_winreg test_winsound
> Ask someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are
> expected to get skipped on sunos5.
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test'
> neelix hgs 13 %> exit
> neelix hgs 14 %>
> script done on Thu Apr 18 12:33:51 2002
>
> How concerned should I be about these?

test_socket failing is bad.  The test_sundry & test_urllib2 failures
would be connected to this, I imagine.

More is hard to say (I must admit my head is starting to spin like a
top with all these reports).

Cheers,
M.

--
  Just point your web browser at http://www.python.org/search/ and
  look for "program", "doesn't", "work", or "my". Whenever you find