[OT] Re: [Python-Dev] Re: PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Boris Borcic borcis at geneva-link.ch
Sun Apr 7 14:21:34 EDT 2002

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > What if I wanted to subtype str and have a bool signifying URL-escaped or not,
> > yet still have normally functioning __len__() etc.?
>
> That's an absurd idea, right there with redefining + to mean *.

Well, wouldn't doing just that while replacing prices by their exponentials
allow the economy to continue without a hitch (in principle, that is) ?

The legal aspects are interesting : could laws written with money in
mind be deemed to apply to accounting done by *outwardly* multiplying
prices and change instead of adding them. Anybody knows multiplication
isn't addition...

Regards,

Boris Borcic
--
python >>> filter(lambda W : W not in "ILLITERATE","BULLSHIT")